Thursday, January 3, 2013

Good Things to Come


I am a 21-year-old recent college graduate about to take the leap in to “the real world” and don’t want to forget anything that I am about to experience. So I thought there is no better way than to start a blog about my transition. I will write about everything from learning how to cook to figuring out what time I’ll actually have to wake up in the morning - since I’m no longer able to roll out of bed, throw on sweats and look acceptable for the day.

Here’s a little background about me so that my future tales actually make sense: I attended Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS (the very southeast corner of Kansas), where I graduated December 14, 2012 with a Bachelor of Science in Communication. I loved every single second I spent at Pitt State. I was very involved on campus and in my sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta. Through being Greek I met some of the most amazing people I get to call my best friends (or even a second family). The hardest part about graduating has been leaving the people I’ve spent every day with for the last four years.

I’m originally from Overland Park, KS, a suburb of Kansas City, and Pitt State was only a short hour and a half drive from home, which is the farthest I have ever lived from my parents, until now.

This Sunday I am loading up basically every article of clothing I own in my ’95 Dodge Intrepid (her name is Gertrude and that is pretty much the only way I refer to her) and am moving to Dallas, TX!

After a long semester of applying for jobs and internships, I came across a posting for a Communication Internship with Southwest Airlines, and the entire application, interview and accepting their offer process happened in about six days. All during finals week and graduation.

These are the kind of whirlwind things that happen to me that made me want to create this blog and document every bit of this I-graduated-college-and-am-moving-nine-hours-away transition that is about to happen.

The last three weeks have been full of all the errands, questions, phone calls, emails that come with moving this far away and starting an internship. This happened over the holiday time span as well so to say I have been running around non-stop might be an understatement.

I’m excited for this journey I am about to embark on and can’t wait to see where it takes me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment