Friday, January 11, 2013

Low Key Day

I have been going non-stop the last few days so I decided that Thursday would be a day to just relax and take a break from all of the driving I have been doing. 

I slept in and made my first "meal" in my new home! It was my first time trying to learn my way around the new kitchen and finding where things are, which was a little weird. I made my old standby turkey bacon, egg white and cheese sandwich on an english muffin - it's one of my favorites and very WW (weight watchers) friendly. 



Then I decided to explore the park that is just up the street from the house and get a little exercise in. I went for a walk/jog up around the park. 

The park has several different ponds and trails throughout. This was probably my favorite with the water fall and bridge that went over it. 

It was cloudy so this picture doesn't really do it justice but in the middle of the park was this memorial for the armed forces. It reminded me of a miniature version of the one outside the Recreation Center at Pitt State. 

I saw this little guy trying to make it upstream, I felt bad for him, he wasn't having much luck. 

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful, I came home and found that one of my favorite childhood movies, Annie, was on - so I watched it and reminisced about how I used to watch it and sing along to every song all the time with my mom. Then due to my stimulated interest in the Amish from the drive down I thought I would check out what Amish Mafia was all about. I have even more questions after watching and seeing that the "mafia" literally breaks every rule that the Amish religion is built on, it all seems very hypocritical to me. 

Jason and Sara brought home some Papa Murphy's Delite pizzas (these are some of my mom and I's favorites!) for dinner for all of us and Sara and I bonded over our attachment to Grey's Anatomy. It's so nice to live with someone who watches the show exactly the same way I do. There is absolute silence, rewinding if something is missed and we are both extremely invested in the characters. 

Sara and I ended up staying up till about midnight talking about all kinds of different things (this is the second night in a row this has happened, I'm a little worried for when I have to start waking up at 5 a.m. next week). 

I just realized I sound extremely lame in this post, and felt even more lame when I got this text from one of my friends:
Thursday nights in Pittsburg is karaoke night at one of the bars, I miss my friends so much already but love that they are thinking of me when they are out :) 

Hopefully I will have some more exciting stories to tell tomorrow, if I feel like getting out of bed. 

1 comment:

  1. Okay, it is going to be ExTREmElY difficult for me to read your blog, then NOT comment. It would be like you talking to me, then I say nothing back. And we both know that would NEVER happen! Loved reading!

    ReplyDelete