Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A weekend in The Big D

Thursday at work was the intern scavenger hunt, a.k.a. "The Not-So-Amazing Race". We got split up in to teams of seven and were given clues that had us running (seriously RUNNING) all over headquarters until had collected all nine clues and successfully completed the tasks at each stop, all of course pertaining to Southwest history and trivia.

Early on my team had determined that we wanted to win. I just didn't realize how serious everyone else was until we were seriously sprinting from building to building and my face was the same color as the red Pitt State shirt I was sporting. Each stop was a lot of fun and it paid off to be running like we were because we came in 1st by the skin of our teeth. Thankfully we won, because my face was bright red until 4 p.m.

This weekend I had originally planned on going to visit my friends in Pittsburg, but the whole getting in a wreck sent those plans down the drain, so I decided to stay in Dallas for the weekend. Erin and Carrie (two other interns) were also staying in town so the three of us hit up happy hour at Blue Mesa. Their happy hour is a steal, $4 cocktails, $2.25 draws and a free quesadilla bar - sold. While at happy hour we decided that we should continue the happiness and go out in Uptown that night.

While at happy hour we also found a concert to go to the next night. Saturday Carrie and I went to Fort Worth and met up with some of her friends from college and went out to dinner and then to Billy Bob's Texas to see Easton Corbin.

I loved Billy Bob's. The place is enormous - there is a concert area, multiple bars, a dance floor and bull riding. It was great people watching and the concert was great! I only knew a few of his songs but he did quite a few covers and did them well.

Sunday consisted of doing nothing and watching the Grammy's. I loved it.

Find me on Facebook or Follow me on Twitter/Instagram @tessrannosaurus.   

No comments:

Post a Comment