Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"We'll pick you up" ;)

So today was a rather uneventful day compared to the last few, but nonetheless still eventful.

There was a whole fiasco with the rental car situation that forced me to wait until today around noon to get one (basically if you have an out of state license and are under 25 you have to jump through hula hoops that are on fire while juggling to obtain a rental car). So I get picked up by Enterprise (kudos to their marketing department for the "we'll pick you up" because that is basically the only reason I chose them, cause I needed to be picked up). I get in the car and make conversation with the guy that came and got me, it's way to awkward if you don't.

The conversation was fine, we talked about not being from here and blah blah blah I tell him my life story somehow, and at the end of the ride he says "Do you like to go out?". I replied "yeah!", thinking that since he is into the music scene he is going to tell me some cool places to check out - he did not. He then asked if I would like to go out some time. He literally "picked me up"- not really the service I was looking for, Enterprise.

Nervously I answered "Oh... yeah, sure", no I did not care to ever go out with Jerron, but I didn't know how to politely decline since we were still in the car (at this point I am awkwardly fidgeting with the handle trying to unlock and break free but was having no such luck). I decided to take matters into my own hands and ask for his information so that I could choose to not use it. Jerron then holds up the paper that he used to find me today and says "Oh, or I already have your information, if that's cool" (keep in mind he used the GPS on his phone to find my house and called me from the same phone to tell me that he was outside). Sorry, but that wasn't cool with me.

I later called enterprise and informed them of the wonderfully awkward situation one of their employees put me in and to asure that he would not have access to my personal information. The branch manager was super apologetic and told me there would be disciplinary action to follow, he then asked if there was anything rental wise he could do for me. I was surprised by this and didn't know what to ask for, so now I get to return the car with an empty tank instead of making sure it is filled to the amount I started with. It's really coming down to the little things to make me happy now-a-days.

After that wonderful start to the day I finally got to return to work! I was so happy to see my team and other interns :). It was a short day but to avoid some of the rush hour traffic I hit up happy hour with some fellow interns and other southwest employees. It was good to see some of the friends I have made as well as meet some more new people.

Friend me on Facebook, Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @tessrannosaurus

No comments:

Post a Comment