Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Playing Catch up

I have been really bad about keeping up with this over the last week so I'm going to catch everyone up to speed very briefly. 

In my last post I had said that traffic hadn't been too bad right? well the very next day I learned ust how bad it really could be! Long story short, that day it took me four hours to get to work. I was stuck behind a fatality accident and literally was parked on the highway. 

Thursday January, 24 I got to go to Phoenix for the day for work. We are working on a video project with Flight Attendants and we flew out there to film some of them. That was a long but awesome day! 

Friday January, 25 was my first time getting my "flex" day off. I work 7-5 every day and then get every other Friday off. Having this day off is going to be wonderful! I loved having the extra time to run errands, sleep in and just take some me time. 

Saturday January, 26 I went with four other interns to New Orleans for our first non-rev trip. We found out the Mardi Gras had already started and there would be parades to go to and a ton of other New Orleans traditions to soak up. We ended up meeting some guys from Florida and exploring the parade scene with them - very fun! We woke up early the next morning (11:00) and flew home with no problems. It was a very fun and stress free trip!

Last week was pretty mellow, Wednesday after work I got to fly to Austin for work. We were filming another Flight Attendant for our project - he was a riot! Since we left on the last flight out we stayed the night at the same hotel as the crew and then flew to work in the morning - that was awesome, the whole getting to fly to work thing. 

As the weekend approached we planned out next non-rev trip, this time to Nashville! 

We flew out to Nashville right after work on Friday (three other interns, a girl who works full time and myself). Once we arrived and got set up in our hotel we headed out for dinner. There was this really cute place around the corner called Music City Flats. They had delicious flatbreads and an assortment of beer and wine. After dinner we got ready to go out for the night and waited for some more interns' flights to get in and meet up with them. 

We went on on Broadway (made me miss Pittsburg), which was pretty close to heaven for me. This is the street that is referred to as "NashVegas" it was decked out with bright neon lights, live music EVERYWHERE - like I said heaven. We bar hopped for a bit and then called it a night when the bars started closing. We got a late start so we were confused when the lights started coming on. 

Saturday we enjoyed sleeping in, a late brunch, some window shopping and having a relaxing day. Then once night time rolled around we got ready for the night, ate some dinner at Whiskey Kitchen (the name is what sold me on the fact that we had to drink - I mean eat - there) and then hit up the main drag to go out again! 

After meeting some extremely interesting people and two stepping the night away we headed back to the hotel, around 3 am and had to be up at 6 to make our flight. We're quite an ambitious bunch. 

Sunday morning came all too soon and we packed up quickly and rushed off to the airport. The travel day home was slightly uneventful, until I started to drive home - this will be continued in my next post. 

I know this was kind of boring and short and sweet but I wanted to ge caught up before the next part of my story cause it is a lot all at once. 

Find me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Instgram (@tessrannosaurus) for more about my adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment